TrapEase Permanent Vena Cava Filter
- Material: nitinol.
- Due to joint absence, risk of the filter damage is low.
- in vitro maximum outer diameter at 37 degrees – 35 mm.
- It is recommended to use, when vena cava diameter is up to 30 mm.
- Expanded filter length is up to 30 mm – near 55 mm.
- Two filtration levels.
- A wide area of the filter contact with the vena cava wall reduces risk of vessel perforation.
- Optimal radioscopy visualization.
- MRI safe and MRI compatible.
Indications for use:
- Trapease Vena Cava Filter is applied to prevent recurrent pulmonary embolism and is positioned in the inferior vena cava in the cases as follows:
- Pulmonary thrombembolia, when anticoagulants are contraindicated.
- Anticoagulant inefficiency in thrombembolia.
- Emergency therapy after severe pulmonary embolism, when conventional treatment is not effective.
- Chronic, recurrent pulmonary embolism, when anticoagulants are not effective or contraindicated.
Filter positioning in vena cava is contraindicated, when there is:
- Risk of septic embolism.
- Contagious diseases are out of control.
- Inferior vena cava diameter exceeds 30 mm.
- Contraindications for surgery under X-ray guidance.
- Hypersensitivity for TrapEase components.