3M™ Scotchcast™ rigid immobilization bandage
Rigid immobilization bandage 3M ™ Scotchcast ™ can completely replace the cast in the treatment of fractures. The combination of extreme durability and lightness of material (several times lighter than gypsum) makes using it much more comfortable. Promotes gas exchange between the skin and the environment (breathing), which prevents itching and maceration. Available in different colors (white, blue, green, blue, purple).
Recommended areas of application:
- Circular immobilization bandages;
- Combined bandages (Splint-circular);
- Simultaneous use with semi-rigid immobilization bandage 3M ™ Soft Cast - functional immobilization method in the treatment of fractures and diabetic foot syndrome;
For functional stabilization a combination of materials 3M ™ Scotchcast ™ and 3M ™ Soft Sast is used, thus preserving muscle tone, reduce the risk of developing edema, muscle atrophy and joint stiffness.
3M ™ Scotchcast ™ provides stabilization in fracture, while 3M ™ Soft Sast allows controlled functional load supporting muscle tone of soft tissues and thus favors rapid rehabilitation of the patient.
Advantages of bandages combination 3M ™ Scotchcast ™ and 3M ™ Soft Cast:
- Does not require 3M ™ Cast Padding ™;
- The effect of "the muscle pump" is created during muscle activity by 3M ™ Scotchcast ™, which follows the contours of the limb;
- Additional comfort and reduced pain allows for early return to physical activity;
- Soft edge bands provide comfort to the patient;
- The patient can wear shoes during immobilization of lower limb;
- Easily removed with scissors.